I believe it is important for a child to always know their story. Adoption, just like one’s eye or hair color, is part of who a child is. Creating an Adoption Storybook is one way to memorialize the roots of your child’s Forever Family.
A customized Adoption Storybook captures and shares your child’s unique adoption story. Whether adopted as an infant or an older child, your child’s Storybook reflects his or her story told in simple language and colorful photos.
There are many wonderful adoption story books on the market today, but your unique story is just as exceptional as your child. Your photos, mementos and more can be scanned and shared in your book to make it truly one-of-a-kind.
What’s the process?
- Contact Charlene at Touchstone Storytelling via the Contact Form below to begin.
- Charlene will contact you and discuss your story. A questionnaire will be sent to you. Once information is gathered, photos and mementos can be uploaded.
- A first draft of the book will be emailed to you for your approval. Upon approval, the book will be designed with your photos and scanned mementos.
- A final draft of the book will be emailed to you for your approval. Once you approve the book and its contents, it will be sent to the printer. You may order one or more books.
- Books are shipped directly to you.
How much does a book cost?
Creation of your book is billed at $40 per hour. Most books are a two-hour project based on a 12-page book with standard text and one photo per page. Book prices are based on the size and number of pages. Most book projects range between $100-$150.
What are the Storybook details?
Books can be any page length. Books are full-color. Sizes offered are:
- Small Square (7×7 in., 18×18 cm)
- Standard Portrait (8×10 in., 20×25 cm)
- Standard Landscape (10×8 in., 25×20 cm)
- Large Square (12×12 in., 30×30 cm)
- Large Landscape (13×11 in., 33×28 cm)
Lay-flat options are available with a 20-page minimum. A range of paper types is also available for an additional charge. E-books are also available with a hard-back book order.
Adoption story books are ideal for ages three and up. See Touchstone Storytelling’s Adoption Board Books for babies – three years of age. Touchstone Storytelling also offers Adoption Journey Books for families who wish to record their adoption process in a more detailed way. See the Adoption Journey Books link for more information.